This is what you can expect when we resume in-person services (TBD). Currently, we are only meeting online for our livestream at 11:15 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. for Contemplative Worship
Youth & Child Care
- We have something for every age
- Fully staffed nursery for kids 4 and under @ 9:10 a.m.-12:20 p.m in the Connections Building
- Fantastic kid’s program called CrossFIT for school aged kids (5yrs old to 5th grade) at 10:15 a.m.
- Amazing junior and senior Youth Group @ 10:15 a.m.
- Compass for kids from 6th grade – 12th grade @ 10:15 a.m.
- No matter what age, all children are always welcome in ANY worship service. We even provide some pretty cool wiggler packs (activities) for your children located in the back of the worship center.
Contemplative Worship – 8:30 a.m.
This service is a thirty minute group meditation with communion.
Sanctuary Worship – 9:15 a.m.
This service is led by Pastor Kim and has more traditional music.
Connections Classes – 10:15 a.m.
These adult classes are lead by teachers who guide a study of Christianity based around the Bible and is sometimes supplemented by excited books and educational video series. These classes are meant to bring the students into a deeper relationship with Christ and each other so we as a church can grow together.
Sanctuary Worship – 11:15 a.m.
This service is lead by Pastor Kim and includes music from our Praise Band Leader Marian Brackney.
- How do I get there? Our church is located at 23880 N. Cranes Mill Rd. Canyon Lake, TX 78133.
- What should I wear? Whatever you’re comfortable in. We’re more concerned with getting to know you than with what you wear. So come in your cowboy boots, jeans, a dress, shorts, or your favorite t-shirt. We live at the lake! We’re just happy you’re here!
- Where do I go? As you drive onto campus, the building directly in front of you is our Education Building. Inside you’ll find a large gathering area with our parent resource wall, table and couch areas to enjoy a cup of coffee and fellowship, and straight ahead is our beautiful chapel where you can enjoy some quiet prayer time. Through the doors on your left is our kid’s area. The nursery is the first room on your left. Elementary kids gather in the gathering room, almost to the door at the end of the hallway. Hang a right and you’ll be in the adult education hall with classes and restrooms. The building on your left as you drive on campus is our Worship Building. Inside to your left you’ll find the church offices and kitchen, to your right the youth room and restrooms, and straight ahead is our sanctuary. Everything is pretty self-explanatory, but if you’re still perplexed, find one of our greeters or ushers and these fabulous servants will get you set up!
- What should I expect during the service? Grab a seat, fill out the registration form, then sit back and relax. We can’t wait to share God’s love with you!
- Why should I fill out a registration form? Basically, it’s a great way for us to get to know you. We would be grateful to have a record of your visit and Pastor Kim would really like to write you a note, email or call to say hello. We want to help you connect with the North Shore family!
- Do I have to be a member to participate in small groups or other activities? At North Shore UMC we don’t care if you’ve been here 8 minutes or 8 years, everyone is welcome to be part of anything they feel called to do. We are so glad that you feel called to be a part of anything we have going on. Introduce yourself, make some friends and be a part of a movement we hope will Change the World. And if you decide membership is a commitment you’re ready to make, feel free to make an appointment with Pastor Kim. You don’t get a special t-shirt or a members’ only jacket, but we have coffee, goodies and a lot of good stuff to share with you so that you can get even more connected to North Shore UMC.